Home > FAQ


FAQ for Application

Q:I have not got any acceptance letter from supervisors of NAU, how can I get one?

A: Acceptance letter is important for the initial review of the application. We have prepared a list of supervisors for your reference. Please visit our website.

Q:When will the CSC opens for application? What’s the deadline?How about other scholarships?

A: Please refer to notices published in Scholarships. The CSC application usually begins in January of the application year and ends in March.

Q:Do I need to pay the application fee for CSC application? What can I do if I can not pay?

A: CSC applicants are required to pay application fee for submitting an application (for details, please refer to scholarship admission information). If the applicant does have financial difficulties, please submit a statement in the application. Those who fail to pay in time will not be considered in general review.

Q: My acceptance letter comes from a professor not in the list, is it acceptable for the application?

A: The supervisor list on COIE website is just for reference. The latest supervisor information is subject to the academic college website. Please confirm on the academic college website for supervisor information.

Q: I have got an acceptance letter, is it secured a place for me to study at NAU?

A: No, acceptance letter is a basic requirement for application of graduate study at NAU. The university will carry out several rounds of review for applications. Please upload all required materials, and make sure the application materials meet the requirements and are competitive among others.

Q: I am worried about whether it’s been reviewed or not, how to follow up my application to CSC scholarship?

A: Applicants for CSC also need to submit application in the NAU application system, the latest status will be shown in the system. The status will be“Pending/Processing”. If the application is successfully accepted, the applicant will receive an official notification from NAU admission E-mail.

Q: I have submitted CSC application in the CSC system, do I need to submit application in NAU system again?

A: Yes, CSC applicants are required to submit the application both in CSC application system and NAU application system. But no need to send hard copies.

Q: How do I know if my submitted application documents are satisfying and complete?

A: In regard to any incomplete application, the application in the university application system will be returned with notification to the applicant. Applicants are required to revise and resubmit the application in the university online application system. If the applicant can not complete the documents as required, it is required to send us a statement to explain the condition. Satisfying applications will not be returned.

Q: What should I do if I have questions?

A: Please send email to admission@njau.com or raise a query in the NAU application system.

Q: I have an invitation letter from an NAU professor, is that OK?

A: It is suggested for the supervisors to fill in the acceptance form template for applicants (Because it shows clearly the major, study level and evaluation approach). But invitation letters are also acceptable.

Q: I will graduate in July. Can I still apply for intake in September?

A: When applying for university, the graduating applicant may use the Study/Hope Certificate (or equivalent) for Highest Degree Certificates Obtained. If gets admitted to the university, the student will be asked to bring the degree certificates on registration. Students who can not obtain degrees in time will be disqualified for enrolment accordingly. (For students from certain countries that can not obtain degree in time due to educational systems, please provide official explanation documents on registration).

Q: For applications of English-taught programs, is it necessary to obtain IELTS/TOFEL certificate? Can English Proficiency Certificate use for application in the language certificate?

A:For applicants from non-English speaking countries, English Proficiency Certificate is accepted for applying for English-taught programs. However, it is recommended to provide IELTS/TOFEL certificate or with Certificate on 1 year or above discipline-relevant experience in English-speaking countries. It is also suggested to provide English-written publications/essays. Qualified language certificates are very important for university review, if the applicant only provide other language certificate (such as English proficiency certificates), the evaluation result will be affected.